The worldwide healthcare cloud infrastructure market was worth USD 56.3 billion in 2022 and is predicted to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.7% between 2023 and 2030. The expanding trend of healthcare digitalisation, the incorporation of advanced AI/ML algorithms, cloud deployment of healthcare systems, increased expenditure, inefficient facility management, and overburdened systems are all driving demand for healthcare cloud infrastructure. Care institutions would be able to connect and streamline their operations, drive operational and functional outcomes, improve data management and security, and provide the best possible care. It is expected to increase usage and demand for cloud infrastructure systems, hence boosting market growth.
Key benefits of healthcare cloud computing-
- Scalability and Flexibility: Cloud computing allows healthcare providers to adjust their IT infrastructure based on their needs, allowing for smooth resource expansion or contraction as needed.
- Savings: By utilising cloud-based services, healthcare organisations can eliminate the need for purchasing, maintaining, and upgrading physical hardware, resulting in lower capital and operating costs.
- Enhanced Data Security and Compliance: Cloud service providers frequently adopt sophisticated security measures to secure sensitive patient information and comply with tight data protection requirements such as HIPAA and
- Improved collaboration: Cloud-based platforms enable healthcare professionals to share data and resources in real time, enabling better communication and cooperation among team members.
The healthcare industry’s rising access to advanced technology solutions and the rise in cloud computing used to lower costs and improve flexibility, storage, and scalability will likely drive market expansion. One of the primary aspects driving demand is the expanding IT infrastructure in developed countries. Care facilities are burdened by an increasing patient population and volume of patient information, necessitating real-time data access and integration. The healthcare IT industry’s potential is drawing public and private investments, which are likely to benefit market growth.
The major use of healthcare cloud compounding –
- Cloud-based EHR solutions enable healthcare professionals to securely store, retrieve, and exchange patient data, increasing patient care coordination and lowering the risk of medical errors.
- Telemedicine: Using video conferencing and other communication methods, healthcare providers can conduct remote consultations, monitoring, and diagnostics, increasing access to care for patients in rural or underserved locations.
- Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence: Cloud computing provides healthcare organisations access to strong analytical tools and AI algorithms, allowing them to gain insights into patient care, population health management, and research, ultimately leading to better results and cost savings.
- Clinical Research and Drug Development: Cloud-based systems enable scientists and clinicians to share analysis research data, expediting the development of new treatments and therapies.
Market analysis of healthcare growth-
The increased demand in the healthcare business is driving the cloud computing market in healthcare. The growing need for cloud-based information systems is moving the market ahead. Other factors driving the growth of the health cloud computing market include technological advancements in healthcare infrastructure, expanding population, increased patient information, and rising investments in healthcare IT infrastructure by private and public enterprises. North America is the market leader due to advancements in healthcare IT infrastructure.
What are the future opportunities for cloud computing
Businesses increasingly turn to the cloud for scalable and adaptive data storage in the modern digital age. As a result, governments worldwide are investing in cloud computing infrastructure. One area where governments could experience considerable productivity improvements due to cloud computing’s capacity to optimise IT operations is the time it takes to perform citizen-facing transactions. Governments can use cloud computing to respond quickly to citizen feedback and extend services as needed. The data generated by loT devices must be stored and processed locally or remotely. Remote data hosting and analytics provide a more practical and cost-effective alternative in many loT application cases.
The Global “Healthcare Cloud Computing Market” Insight 2023 study surveys successful market contributions, marketing tactics, and recent growths of critical organisations, as well as a dashboard summary of prominent companies’ past and present performance.
One of the most widely used applications in healthcare is cloud computing. Healthcare organisations are worried about the privacy and security of patient information, and the demand to manage the expanding amount of healthcare data has spurred the adoption of cost-effective alternatives such as cloud computing. As a result, healthcare organizations are embracing cloud computing as a viable alternative for data storage. This technology offers numerous advantages, including increased corporate agility, privacy and security, and lower costs.
Author : Himanshi Singh, Associate – Policy and Advocacy, CyberPeace